Tuesday, June 25, 2013

house "before" pictures

I was searching iPhoto for any house pictures, so that I could share the before, the during, and the after. Brett took these pictures before the house was even officially ours. This was the time period in which they had accepted our offer, and we were working out other details.

Below is the dining area of the kitchen that looks out onto the deck and backyard. We will be refinishing the wood floor throughout the top floor, as well as adding wood floors to the tiled part of the kitchen and the carpeted area off of the kitchen.


No, we will not be keeping the wall paper!


I wish I could remember what Alex was saying in this picture. LOL. All I know is that I was still really pregnant-sick. We are standing in the largest living space. There is a huge window that overlooks the street and front yard. I love that window!


The carpet pictured below has since been removed, as well as the asbestos underneath it. This is the area I was referring to that will have wood floors installed.


The future mudroom. Picture a door to the left of this closet leading out to the garage, because that is what was installed yesterday! Yes, there was no door to the garage before! Crazy. This space is the future mudroom. There will be a tiled section in front of the door to the garage. Try to imagine it. The door to the right of the closet leads to a three-seasons porch that we will eventually work on.

Alex started framing a wall to the left of the door to the garage because this space is going to be walled off for a mudroom. I can't wait!


This will be a little den. On the other side of the wall (in progress) is the mud room. Brett and I are going to beautify this fireplace. Not sure how yet, but I am feeling inspired by this post.





These pictures were taken in the spring, so there wasn't really any foliage yet. We are happy to know that when the leaves were in full swing on the trees, we couldn't see our neighbors' houses and yards. That little pool of water is a koi pond.


Lilac bushes!





























Not pictured: three bedrooms, main floor bathroom, basement, and basement bathroom.

Brett took some pictures on Saturday, but hasn't uploaded them from his phone to the computer yet, but I will make sure to keep updating the renovation process.

Tomorrow we are meeting with Alex to decide on paint colors. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deck looks fantastic for summer entertaining/bbq's! What city are you guys moving to? - Michelle

    ReplyDelete