Thursday, September 11, 2014

recently I've been...

Not sure why some of the paragraphs are showing up smaller in size. I tried fixing it with no success...

I've seen this kind of list on other blogs, and I thought I'd join in the fun, too.

Making:
 autumn crafts - that is, I have been revisiting my Autumn board on Pinterest, and getting excited to make some fun crafts with Stella.





Cooking:
 The most recent thing I've cooked is lasagna on Tuesday. Last night we ate a rotisserie chicken from Lakewinds, and right now I have chicken thawing, and I'm still deciding what to do with it for dinner tonight!

Drinking: I drink water and coffee in the morning, and then water and LaCroix throughout the rest of the day. Sometimes I brew a second round of coffee in the afternoon, but not always. We bought a pound of Roastmaster's Reserve beans from Caribou last weekend, and it was Kathakwa Kenya, a wonderful light roast (our favorite).


Reading:
 I'm currently reading two different books: Quiet: The Power of Introverts and the third installment in the Maggie Hope series, His Majesty's Hope. I've gotten about half way in each book, but I'm starting to lose interest! 

Wanting: a cute fall coat; stylish jeans; gray or "mushroom" booties, a bigger light brown leather bag, Lululemon yoga pants...to find a way to lose 30 pounds fast. Did I just put that out there on the Internet? 




 
Looking: forward to my girls being 100% over their viruses. Also looking into essential oils, but am kind of skeptical. The husband is even more skeptical than I am, but he's on board with my at least giving them a try. We are at the point of being willing to try anything to keep our girls healthy.




 
Playing: the Frozen soundtrack in the car. Every day. 

 
Wasting: sleep time when I scroll Instagram ooooonnne more time before turning off the light.

 
Sewing: HA! I haven't sewn since junior high school home ec. class.

 
Wishing: I enjoyed exercising and eating right. I'm also wishing for better sleep.

 
Enjoying:
 the show Parks and Recreation. We are working our way through the show via Netflix, and we are currently watching season five. I haven't laughed out loud watching a show like this in a loooong time. 

Waiting:
 for an adorable fall coat from MiniBoden to arrive in the mail for Grace

Liking:
 the new setup of our downstairs furniture, not to mention the fun new playroom! It's fun to see your vision for a makeover unfold into reality.

Wondering:
 how long it will take to complete all our home improvement projects.

Loving: my nails right now. I recently used a gift card to a spa that I received back in January. I got a fancy schmancy pedicure and a gel manicure. I requested Cable-Car in the Carpool Lane by OPI. I went with a pale pink natural gel color for my fingernails. Also loving the fall weather as I love sweater weather and being cozy.
 

Hoping:
 for the end of ISIS and terrorism everywhere. Let's add on human trafficking and child abuse. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm hoping for Christ's return.

Marveling:
 that it's already been 13 years since 9/11/01. It feels like it was only a couple years ago. Those images of the towers falling will be imprinted in my memory forever.

Needing:
 to get my house ready to host community group on Sunday! I need to clean, organize, and plan logistics of seating everyone and make sure the kids have all they need to stay entertained and happy downstairs while the adults meet upstairs.

Smelling:
 fall-inspired scented candles (I hope soon!) I like the apple/cinnamon/vanilla type scents - not so much the pumpkin and musky scents.



Wearing: a sweater, jeans, an infinity scarf, and gold Cleopatra Stella & Dot earrings.



 
Following:
 a lot of Southern bloggers right now. 

Noticing:
 camo print is having a moment. Not sure I could pull it off. Also noticing booties are eclipsing taller boots in popularity. 

Opening:

 a new shipment of products from The Honest Company. I'm also considering stopping the monthly shipments because I'd rather use that money for other things. Besides, many of their products are available at Target now, so I can pick up what I need whenever I want.



**********

Okay, now I am going to tag Andrea B. and Emily H. to do this. Actually, anyone! If you do it, let me know so I can read it. I love these kinds of posts.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post Sarah! I had fun writing mine too :)
    The office has been my show, but your parks and rec comment has me thinking I should check it out! You should write about your thoughts on those books- especially the introvert one- it sounds really interesting! Just a blog post idea :)

    ReplyDelete