Saturday we all slept in until 9. I made the basic pancake recipe from The Joy of Cooking. We lazed around and played with Stella, and then I took her over to my parents' to hang out so that Brett and I could get things done around the house. Brett replaced three dead shrubs in the backyard. The mosquitoes were biting him like crazy, poor guy. We went to Home Depot to buy the replacement shrubs and some grass seed to plant on some bare spots in the yard. While at Home Depot, I just had to take a few pictures of flowers in their nursery.
While he was doing the yard work, I was vacuuming, dusting, and straightening up so that we could take some pictures of the house for a flyer we are working on to find renters. After lunch, Brett took pictures, and then we headed back to Minnetonka to pick up Stella. We grilled pork chops and zucchini, and made some brown rice for dinner; Brett gave Stella a bath while I ran to Target for some things. She was so tired from playing hard at her grandparents' house. We wanted me to put her to bed, so I rocked her and sang to her. She was so cuddly and sweet.
After church on Sunday, we picked up some takeout from Famous Dave's and ate lunch at Mom and Dad's for Father's Day. I agree with my dad when he quipped, "Famous Dave's sure knows what they're doing." Susie and Jesse came by, too. While Stella napped, Brett and I ran some errands. When Stella woke up, Brett wanted to take her to Dairy Queen, so we drove to the nearest one to my parents' house - the one on Minnetonka Blvd - a walk-up one. She and Brett shared a hot fudge sundae.
Since my dad loves the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chanhassen, Susie suggested we go there for Father's Day. My dad is totally in his element there. He seems to know a fact about every plant and tree. Stella had a blast running around smelling flowers, looking at fountains, checking out fish in the Japanese garden section, and taking in all the sights of nature. Toward the end of our walk, we heard thunder and saw lightning, and then the wind picked up, so we all ran for the cars before the downpour ensued. We decided to meet up at Axel's in Chanhassen on our respective ways home. After we ate, Stella was so tired from her active afternoon, that she cried or laughed all the way home. I put her to bed at 8, but she didn't settle down until 9. She slept in until 10:15 this morning! We'll probably skip her nap today, and then she'll be ready for bed at a reasonable time tonight.
She was so excited to give Brett her Father's Day card and treat. I told her to write "Stella" on the card, and as she was signing the card, she said, "Stella Joy Johnson." She also wanted to draw on the envelope. :) Brett is a loving and patient dad to Stella, and I can't wait to see him father our next child, too!
Here are some pictures from the arboretum!













No comments:
Post a Comment