on thursday my department at work found out that as of february 25, 2011, we will no longer have our jobs. they are transferring all our work to the office (headquarters) in st louis, mo. i was really taken by surprise, but i think i was the only one that wasn't upset.
the night before, brett and i were talking about finances and when i could quit my job since i will be staying home with the baby when he or she is born this may (or june, i suppose)! we were feeling very gripped by anxiety and fear about making it on one income since we have had some big unexpected expenses come up this fall that we are still dealing with. we prayed that God would come through for us and help us. that morning before i left for work, i told brett that i would work through march if it would ease some of the financial tension (originally i was going to quit in january or february). he agreed that would help, so when i got to work, i told my supervisor that my last day would be thursday, march 31st.
then we had a meeting that afternoon at work (some higher ups from st. louis invited us to the meeting), and told us that we were being laid off. they also told us that we would get 2 weeks of severance pay per year we had worked at express scripts. (i think there is a cap in how many weeks severance, but that doesn't apply to me). fortunately, my 4-year anniversary of working there is feb 12, so i will get 8 weeks of severance pay that will be paid out in a lump sum.
i couldn't believe how fast God had worked in answering our prayer. i am basically getting paid to quit, and getting to quit one month earlier than i had originally thought.
living on one salary will be a scary challenge, but it is a sacrifice we are more than willing to make. i have always dreamed of being a stay-at-home-mom, and it is crazy to think that my dream is soon going to become a reality. there are aspects of being a mom that are very intimidating to me, but i know that God will give me the grace and instincts and help i need when i need it. mercies are new every morning...we receive just the right amount of grace we need for every moment-why would that suddenly change?
in other news, i am still experiencing nausea. i started week 16 of the pregnancy today. last week i started taking zofran for nausea, or rather, the generic version, ondansetron. it helps take some of the edge off the nausea, but i am getting horrible headaches from it. sometimes i get so discouraged from feeling so icky for so long, that i just have to have a good cry. it helps! i also feel like people are getting tired of me, so i try not to bring up the fact that i am feeling yucky unless someone comes out and asks me. i don't have enough energy to work out yet. life is just kind of a weird twilight zone of sorts right now. i don't know how some women go through pregnancy multiple times. i think i could handle one more pregnancy, and that is it!
Hey, Sarah!!
ReplyDeleteI saw you commented on my blog today- thanks so much! The other day, I thought about you and asked my mom whether or not she had an instinct about if you're having a girl or boy. {grin} I think girl!! :) I'm sorry to hear you're feeling yucky. Blah. That's no fun. I'll be praying for you! I'm glad your job situation is working out for you-yea!
emily
Emily, that is funny that your instinct was girl because so far Brett and I think it's a boy (as well as Susie), but we will know for sure January 12...I am getting antsy and wish it were sooner, but baby needs a little more time, I guess! Thank you for your comment. I enjoy reading your blog and looking at your fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! That IS funny! Guess we'll find out soon enough! Say! I have an idea: I'm about to go nanny, I could make YOU a paper chain if that would help!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Sarah!
ReplyDeleteHow amazing that God provided for you and Brett financially in that way. I really hope that you start feeling better soon. Have you tried Seabands? Here's a link to them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Band-Original-Wristband-Adult-Size/dp/B000GCMXZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1292548007&sr=1-1
They are basically two wristbands that apply pressure on an acupuncture point in your wrists that is supposed to decrease nausea. All the women I've talked to who used them say they help.
Just wanted to let you know about them in case you want to try. They're pretty cheap..I saw some on Amazon for $5.
Love,
Nurse Bethany :)
Haha! Nurse Bethany. I love it.
ReplyDeleteYes, I tried the Sea Bands around week 8 and they didn't work for me, but you know what? In the last couple days, the nausea has subsided significantly! The ondansetron has helped, and I must be adapting to it because I don't get the headaches anymore. Oh! And I kind of popped out a little yesterday, so I have a prego belly now-small, but definitely there!
I'm glad to hear that your nausea has gone down, Sarah! Woohoo! Also, congratulations on the arrival of your baby tummy! Picture???? :)
ReplyDelete