Monday, December 26, 2011

christmas 2011

I have words in me that I eventually want to get out, but for now, all I really feel like doing is posting pictures. Christmas is here and gone before we knew it. This year we had a green Christmas, which I had mixed feelings about: disappointed we didn't have that magical feeling that snow lends to the holiday, yet relieved I didn't have to bundle up Stella for running errands or driving in snow and ice to get to all the holiday functions.

Here are some pictures of Miss Stella and her first Christmas.

My sister-in-law, Naomi, covered this wooden letter with yarn; it is now on display on her bedroom wall ledge

Stack of rings from my parents

Opening a fun toy ball from Susie and Jesse

Bedtime story book from Luke and Naomi

Pajamas from Luke and Naomi; no pictures of Corinne's and Jared's gifts to her, but they gave adorable clothes from H&M and a cute book

We gave her two books

I love her furrowed little brow


I love Christmas, but it felt kind of hectic this year and I was relieved when Brett took the tree outside and we stowed away all the decorations. I am ready to begin the new year! There is something psychologically appealing about January 1st: starting afresh, making goals, etc. 

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you enjoy your New Year's. We have no plans for New Year's Eve and I am absolutely fine with that. I think I need to hide under a rock for awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment