I'm checking in to say hello and to give a little life update. Stella is getting her top four teeth right now (that makes six total!) This last week and this week so far, she has been waking up several times at night and I am feeling that zombie-like tiredness reminiscent of newborn nights! Sometimes she is waking up because she has rolled onto her stomach from her back and she doesn't quite know what to do with herself. She is also taking short naps again, so that compounded with the night wakings, is taking a slight toll on my sanity. I am finding myself praying more and depending on God, which is always a good thing. I like to take a step back and regain perspective that even though motherhood is hard work, it is such an amazing blessing and gift. I remind myself that this little rough patch of sleep disruption and daytime fussiness is temporary and that I will get through it just fine!
We are enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures so far this winter! Just yesterday I took Stella out for a walk in the stroller and it was in the upper 40's. Crazy! It's supposed to get a littler colder by the end of this week and maybe snow tomorrow night or something.
Brett and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary (January 7) at Amore Victoria and it was wonderful! I couldn't take my usual food pictures because of the dim lighting, so you will just have to take my word for how beautiful the presentation was. :) So here we are at seven years married and our baby turned seven months old the next day. It's also crazy to think that we met in fall of 2001 and now it's 2012. So cliche, but so true: how the time flies!!!
Wow! Seven years! Congratulations to you both! I am glad you took advantage of the warm and beautiful weather while it lasted!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Andrea:)
Congratulations on your seven year anniversary, Sarah! Love the Stella update too :)
ReplyDeleteBethany
God has been so good to you both over the last seven years and I am really excited for your next seven! Congrats you two.
ReplyDelete