Saturday, July 6, 2013

a variety of updates

Since I published my last post, I wanted to give an update about the car and rental situation. Thankfully all the car needed was a part replacement for a few hundred bucks. We were able to pick it up yesterday when we got back home. As for the rental situation, a pair of sisters really liked our place and have signed/are going to sign a one-year lease. Thank you, God!

Our trip up North was really fun, and I will write a separate post for that. Spending time with family in such a beautiful setting was wonderful. I especially loved being around Brett since he works such long hours and we haven't had much quality time together because our weekends are filled with projects and other obligations. One day while Stella napped in my parents' hotel room, he and I lazed around on the beach and also enjoyed some ice cream. How nice to be eating ice cream with Brett on a weekday at 2 in the afternoon.

This morning Brett and Stella picked up our cat from my aunt who had been taking care of him while we were gone. Brett also stopped by the new house to check in on progress. They have been doing a lot! According to Brett, the pictures don't really do justice, but here they are anyway:

Kitchen subway tiles-I love how they look! Yay!

This gray color is the principal main-floor color; it's going on the kitchen, living room, mud room, and hall walls

Brownish-gray on our bedroom walls; the same color for the main floor bathroom

The gray again in the dining area; it doesn't look this green, but rather more beige-gray

He didn't take a picture of the girls' rooms, which will both have a pale pink hue. I wanted a very subtle pink, so we went with Sherwin Williams Intimate White. I found this blog post with Intimate White painted in their little girl's room, and I love how it looks.

As of a couple days ago, I am now 21 weeks pregnant. Last week I stopped taking Zofran for nausea. I can now brush and floss my teeth without gagging. I still feel tired most of the time, and I am starting to experience heart burn in the evenings. I had really bad heart burn with Stella, and Zantac became my saving grace. Right now I'm getting by with a couple TUMS, but if it gets worse, I think I'll have to break out the Zantac again. I began to feel the baby's movements at 16 weeks; I feel her throughout the day (and in the middle of the night!) -  such a fun little reminder of the little life growing inside.


2 comments:

  1. The updates look nice! Are you painting all the trim white too? I noticed it was white in your bedroom. We did that with our house-- it was a lot of work, but really modernized things. Glad your little getaway was fun and baby girl is moving a lot! AND, glad your morning sickness is going away too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are painting all the trim white. I love that fresh look! We are having a lot of the trim done, but we'll have to paint the hallway trim ourselves.

      Delete