Monday, August 5, 2013

house pictures

I have a few pictures of the house to share with you today. The weather here is pretty overcast, so the lighting through the massive window in our living room messed with my camera, and look grainy, so this is the best I could come up with.

This is the large front room. We would like to eventually buy two small chairs to go in the corner, buy a larger rug to fit the space, and put the one you see below into the den/library.



We will eventually be remodeling this fireplace somehow. We are envisioning a white fireplace and staining that ledge darker.



The main (very long) bathroom. Yep, that's just a shower liner so far because I'm still searching for a shower curtain I like. We bought these new coffee-colored Hotel towels, and it looks like we're going an earthy route in here with greens and browns because of the brownish-green tint to the gray paint. The mirror is original, and looks pretty bad in here, so we will be replacing that, too, at some point. I'll be getting better-looking soap dispensers and accessories and rugs eventually.



This is Stella's obviously undecorated, unfurnished future "big girl" room. She is currently sleeping in her crib in what will be the baby's room. We didn't want to transition her to a big bed with the whole moving thing being a big change on its own, so we'll be buying her a bed and dresser next month or so.  I'm thinking of a gray and pink or navy and pink color scheme for her.



I'm loving the extra space in the kitchen. The cabinets and drawers are old and don't slide out very easily, which is taking some getting used to, but new cabinetry was definitely not in the budget right now. We love how everything turned out - especially the subway tile and butcher block. We decided against staining the butcher block as originally planned due to this decorating blog post that Andrea alerted us to in the final hours. I like how it looks.





Next house post, I'll include pictures of the basement, our room, the baby room, the mud room, and the porch. There is still so much to organize and set up. 

I don't think my phone camera plus the lighting is doing justice in portraying the actual colors of the floor and paint, but it will just have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Your house is looking so pretty inside...I especially LOVE the kitchen and the color of your floors:) I agree that the color in your bathroom can be a little tricky but we've found that grey/blue and golds also look nice with it. Can't wait to see how things continue to transform into YOUR SPACE as you get more and more settled!

    ReplyDelete