Here is a sampling of the grace and love extended to us:
![]() |
| some of the roses are onesies! |
| hand-me-down kitchen from Brett's boss for Stella |
I didn't get a picture of everything, but people gifted us with meals, gift cards, big sister presents for Stella, books for both Stella and Grace, visits that lifted my lonely and overwhelmed spirits; Caribou coffee; changing diapers while visiting, and outfits and blankets for Grace. I have also received encouraging texts and handwritten notes with comforting Bible verses and promises to pray for us which I/we so desperately needed. There were moms who bundled their kids up in frigid temperatures to drive here and bring a meal and give me some much-needed adult conversation.
This past year, in spite of some very good gifts from God like the birth of Grace, finding renters for our place in Crystal, and finding a house that met our growing family's needs, has been so very challenging. 2013 has been a year of refining my faith and hearing the question from God over and over again: Do you trust me?
To all of you who have helped or encouraged me in any way in this past year: thank you from the bottom of my heart. I may not get around to sending you a thank you note, but you can know that your reaching out is acknowledged and appreciated!
Honorable mentions go to my mom and sister - helping us in our worst, chaotic moments; cleaning my house, doing laundry, helping me get dinner ready when Brett had to work especially late; making me laugh.
I'd write more, but a certain newborn in my life is squawking and ready to eat. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment