Tuesday, January 21, 2014

the first of many updates!

Hmm, how do I pick up where I left off? As I go through my day, or when I can't sleep at night, or while I'm nursing Grace at 2 a.m., my thoughts are so fluid, and I can think of how I would write a blog post, but when I actually sit down to write, my mind goes blank. Well, I'll just keep writing and hope this flows!

Right now the dishwasher is humming along, Brett just put Grace in her swing, and Stella is asleep in her bed. Even though the stock market was closed today for MLK, Jr. Day, Brett went in to work all day. He is working on his work laptop now, and Grace is starting to fuss, so time to set this aside and feed her.

************
The above two paragraphs was all I accomplished on this post last night. Grace slept from around 10:15 until 3; and after I fed her at 3, she slept until 7. Last week she gave us a few nights with a six-hour stretch, but lately it's been 3 or 4 hours at a time. Oh well, she's only 9 weeks old. I'm not expecting her to sleep 8 hours yet. Tomorrow is her two-month checkup with the pediatrician. Stella weighed 13 pounds at her two-month appointment, and I'm fairly confident Grace weighs at least that if not more. Girl is putting on the weight. Her cheeks are so chubby and adorable. She is a very smiley and laughy baby. She loves looking into people's faces and cooing and making other cute baby sounds. Stella LOVES her and Grace acts excited when Stella is nearby or talking to her.





Stella loves hanging out in Grace's crib with her and showing her toys like Sophie the Giraffe. 

Our days have been kind of long as we've experienced some really, really cold snaps. When that happens, there really is no reason to leave the house with a toddler and newborn in tow, so we hunker down and read books, play, and watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. She also really loves The Very Hungry Little Caterpillar. 

I signed the girls up for Musikgarten, but the class was cancelled due to lack of registrations. Fortunately I found a different music class, which starts up at the end of this month. The class will be on Friday mornings, so that's nice we'll get a little break in between BSF on Tuesdays and this class. I would like to find one more activity for Stella to do. I'm looking into play gyms for toddlers. Lately if we want to get out of the house, we head over to the library where there is lots to keep Stella occupied and content. Usually Grace falls asleep in the car on the way over, so she stays snoozing while I keep an eye on Stella. 

Pretending to feed Snoopy lunch

Crib hangout

Library - she insisted on accessorizing beforehand

Another afternoon at the library!

Yet another visit to the good old library
Stella continues to talk up a storm and say the most hilarious or sweet things. I'm trying to remember to write them down after she says them. She has an active imagination and she is so much fun to interact with. I remember feeling so lonely when Stella was a baby, but now that she is old enough to converse with, I don't feel as alone now as I care for Grace, too.










I feel very blessed to be with my little girls! The days are so long, and there are days I feel lonely and overwhelmed, but I am happy with this line of work. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment