Monday, February 10, 2014

an afternoon at the museum

After a long week of Brett being gone, we really enjoyed spending the weekend together as a family. Saturday afternoon we stopped in at YoYo Donuts in Hopkins before heading over to St. Paul to the Children's Museum. Stella had an absolute blast playing at the museum, and once Grace woke up from a long nap, she enjoyed looking at the kids running by. Stella was so worn out that she fell asleep in the car on the ride home.






She wanted to climb this rope ladder at least 15 times.


A fleet of strollers parked outside the "Habitot". Ours is the one with the purple canopy cover.


Larabar snack break





Sorry so blurry - Stella was moving so quickly. This was the little grocery store play area.


I gave Grace a chance to kick her legs, her favorite activity to do! Oh, and notice the outfit change? Brett was changing her in the bathroom, and she peed all over her outfit. I'm glad I always have an extra outfit for her in the diaper bag. :)


I started getting a sore throat on Friday, and it hurt all day Saturday, and then Sunday I had more cold symptoms. When we got to church and I was sitting there, I thought what in the world am I doing here when I feel so yucky! Anyway, I felt even worse throughout the day, and I developed a cough to go with my sinus pressure and headache. Brett built a fire and took good care of me. Unfortunately Stella was up twice last night, and I was up twice with Grace for feedings. Brett took care of Stella, so that was nice I didn't have to get up for both girls.

Today Grace has sneezed a lot, and her nose is running a little, so I really hope she is not getting my cold. I would feel awful if she did. She is napping more than usual, too, so she may be fighting a bug.

Brett's parents are driving from Ohio on Thursday sometime, and will be here for the weekend. They will get to meet Grace for the first time! I hope we are all healthy by the time they arrive!

Stella Quotes:

Brett walked into the room, and Stella said: "What are you looking for, Daddy? An ant? A bee? A dinosaur?"

While I was lying on the couch feeling miserable yesterday, she said: "I just want to help you. Can I help you in(to) the bathtub?"

Every other minute, she asked if I was (still) sick or if I was better. Every time I coughed, she asked, "You okay, Mommy?"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I love reading your blog. Your two little girls are precious :) What a gift it will be to your girls one day to read back through this! Stella looks like you and Grace looks like Brett. I love the Stella quotes at the end .... she is at a very endearing age. Hope you feel better soon!
    Take Care
    Rebekah Connaker (Montzka)

    ReplyDelete