Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ohio {Part 2}

The second day (Friday), the girls played with toys at Sonia and Tim's, and then in the evening, we headed over to the church for the rehearsal. Stella was extremely bashful as she practiced walking down. Eventually she was brave enough to drop two rose petals on the aisle (she ended up not dropping any in the actual wedding, but oh well. )

Stella successfully walked down the aisle with the ring bearer in the wedding, and stood up for most of the service. Brett, who was sitting in the front row to be near Stella, said that at one point Stella whispered loudly to him: "Daddy! Where's Mommy and Gracie?" She made it up to the point when the groom was saying his vows and got choked up and teary, so Stella started to cry. Brett picked her up at that point, and she sat with him. She didn't walk back down at the end, so the ring bearer was on his own. Haha. I was so proud of her!


Cousin Bradley entertained Grace


The lone petals :)




Saturday morning we bathed the girls and hung out at the house, and then headed over to the wedding at 2:30. The wedding music began at 3, and the ceremony was underway at 3:30. Unfortunately Grace was very restless, so I hung out with her in the church's nursery downstairs for most of the ceremony. I walked upstairs with her every now and then so I could watch some of the wedding.

This duo was so adorable
Practice round with Lucas, the adorable ring bearer
Grace is wearing Stella's old dress, glittery tights, and shoes; she's unhappy that I set her in this chair for a picture because she wanted to crawl around and play with toys. :)

The ring bearer and flower girl playing together before the ceremony



Brett and his brother, Brian (the father of the bride) share a laugh

The gorgeous bride, Sarah

Taking a deep breath!

Brett's niece, Hannah, sister of the bride

Emotional father/daughter moment

Last-minute coaching from Daddy

And they're off!


Brian escorts Sarah down the aisle to Jordan

Meanwhile...

Back upstairs to snap a picture of the foot-washing and hear Maija sing "Fly to Jesus"

Post-wedding snack and back in the nursery to regroup after such a stressful-to-Stella event. I was so proud of her for digging deep and being brave to walk down the aisle with so many eyes on her. I think participating will boost her confidence.

Allison's beautiful bouquet


Dancing!


Picture by Brett's sister, Brenda

Lovely picture courtesy of Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment