I missed the girls dearly, but they had a good time with my mom, who stayed at our house with them. The temperatures in Minneapolis were extremely cold, so they pretty much hunkered down inside. We FaceTimed every day with them, and I was so glad to finally get to hug and kiss them when we got back. We returned late Friday night, so didn't get to see them until the following morning.
While it was fun to experience a change in scenery and get away, I can't wait to go on a trip with Brett that doesn't involve his having to go to meetings or doing work-related activities. We are planning a long-weekend trip for the near future. I had never been to Utah before, so it was so fun to explore a new place; if we ever go back, I'd love to visit Salt Lake City. I love seeing new cities - I actually prefer that kind of trip to sitting on a beach for a week. Nothing against beach vacations, but there is just something so exhilarating about checking out a new city. I'll have the opportunity to visit two new-to-me cities over the next couple months. I can't wait!
Well, time to wrap this up as my little Gracie is waking up from her nap. She has a double ear infection and yucky cold, so she has been very clingy and miserable. I leave you with views of the mountains. :)
![]() |
| Minneapolis to Denver to Salt Lake City |
![]() |
| reading in the lobby while Brett wrapped up meetings on the last day |
sweet homecoming






















No comments:
Post a Comment