Friday, March 20, 2015

back on the healthy wagon

I'm back on a health kick which for me means greatly reducing simple carbs, cutting refined sugar, exercising, and eating lots of vegetables. Eating well and making healthy decisions is always a challenge for me. I will never be able to coast when it comes to weight management, so I am always seeking inspiration for motivation and simple fixes to maintain a lifestyle conducive to keeping in shape.

keeping fresh fruit on hand
healthy-ish chicken parmesan (no noodles)

i experimented making up a new crustless "quiche" : eggs, spinach, uncured quality bacon pieces, zucchini and summer
squash; brett liked it, so i think we have a winner



grilled wonderfulness


Thanks to the lovely weather we've been enjoying, I've been going on walks, and on the not-as-nice days, I'm doing the 30-Day Shred Jillian Michaels dvd. I'm trying to run when I push the girls in the stroller. Stella likes to yell, "FASTER!" She is a tough trainer. I feel like I'm not doing enough or that I'll never get back into shape. I hate my body type which seems to show the weight even worse than longer-torsoed, long-legged women. I feel like I have to work twice as hard because of my body type, but that is what I am, and there is nothing I can do to change my body type. Somehow my siblings inherited the tall, long genes, and I got the short, squatty ones. BOO HOO! Pity party over.

I replaced my super old running/exercise shoes with some sassy Nike Free shoes. Picked up some cute workout clothes at Gap Body when they were running a 40% off sale a couple weeks ago. Having cute gear helps this girl get back in the swing of things. 

Now I need to get to bed earlier than 10:45. Lack of sleep does not do a body good.

Next up: an update on the girls and a post about my surprising newly-found love of fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment