If you've ever made a trip to Minnesota's scenic North Shore, you know just how peaceful and beautiful it is. For the third time in 5 years, we ventured up to Two Harbors and stayed at Larsmont Cottages. I love being so close to Lake Superior and enjoying the glorious view that is the sunshine hitting the water in the mornings.
While I'm not a huge nature person, I do appreciate the beauty of the outdoors in small doses. Driving a few hours for a couple nights away is so nice and convenient. Don't get me wrong--we love flying somewhere new to check out the sights of a different city, but the occasional North Shore getaway is truly relaxing and low-key.
We hiked in Gooseberry Falls National Park one of the afternoons:
 |
| the lower falls (or maybe the upper tier? i can't remember) |
 |
| cool roots |
 |
| i love birch trees! |
 |
| the point where the river meets the lake |
 |
| a little sliver of superior |
The morning we left, we paused just to take in the lakescape (not sure that is even a word). I always feel sad at this point because the view is so spectacular, and I know it will be a few more years before I can take it all in again. After absorbing the beauty as much as I could, I took a few snapshots for later when I need to remember how peaceful I felt in that moment.
On the way up, we stopped in Duluth to eat lunch and to stretch our legs a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment