Sunday, March 27, 2011

baby's room...so far

this weekend we bought a crib mattress and mattress pad and lamp for the baby's room. brett also put up the owl decals that we had ordered through a groupon deal. i am so pleased with how things are looking so far! we are going to have to take a break from buying things on our own as we are going down to one income starting next month, but i am glad we at least have the bedding and mattress at this point. the bedding set is the hayley collection from pottery barn kids. i like how it has so many colors and i really like the trees, butterflies, birds, and owls.

we still need a ledge for the other wall, a pillow for the rocking chair, and maybe a rug. i'm still trying to decide whether or not to do curtains.












6 comments:

  1. I love the owls over the baby's crib! Super cute. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topher's probably thinking "Thanks for the room, guys! My very own bed! Wow!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable nursery, Sarah! I love the owls. Topher is such a cutie - he has no clue what's about to come! I'm sure he'll adjust in no time. Love you, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'd say definitely go with curtains, and thicker, darker ones if possible. Once baby gets bigger, keeping it darker helps with getting her to sleep in later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Audra-we bought dark wood blinds for the baby room, but I think curtains might help, too. Thanks for your input. I'm all for her sleeping in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved to see the baby nursery! The kitty in the bed is so cute. Cats seem to take over the most comfortable place in the house without any qualms! Excited for you! Love, Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete