Wednesday, February 22, 2012

buckeye state

Hello Ohio, the back roads
I know Ohio, like the back of my hand
Alone Ohio, where the river bends
And it's strange to see your story end
Over the Rhine

waiting at the airport to board our ohio-bound flight

being such a little trooper even though she was so tired and missing her morning nap

after we touched down in columbus, we drove an hour and fifteen minutes into the country to butler

brett and i stayed in his childhood room

which, as you can see, hasn't changed much

he was quite the ohio state football fan

chowing down some turkey and rice baby food

and hamming it up for her audience

brett's deer next to his mom's mug collection...toto, we're not in kansas anymore

redneck chain saw

she leaned her head against her grandma to snuggle 

looking out on the front yard

with her grandpa harry before we went on a walk on the property


brett played football in high school for the clear fork colts



brett's sister brenda flew up from nashville to visit, too!

playing with grandpa; fun toys courtesy of brett's sister, sonia

it took a while to get her strapped in the baby bjorn

brenda gets reacquainted with bob, the goat


deer hunting stand



barn from the late 1800's

making a funny fish face after each spoonful

horses that keep down the pasture

giggling at aunt brenda


brett changed her diaper and then thought it would be funny to put her pants on her head; she rolled with it

the family came over to eat on sunday; this is brett's sister, barbie

on the way to the airport monday morning; she hadn't napped so she was very tired

such a long drive to the airport

i actually took this picture yesterday in mn after we had dropped in to visit my grandparents in minnetonka

4 comments:

  1. She is so loved! It's fun to really see where Brett is from. Glad the trip went well! And I'm glad you are back cuz I missed you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all the pictures, Sarah! Looks like you guys had a fun time in Ohio! Glad you're home safe :)
    Love,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures, Sarah! Hope Stella is feeling better :(
    xoxo, Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I hope you guys are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete