Monday, February 13, 2012

weekend

I ran some errands the other day and as I was getting the stroller out of the trunk, I looked up to see this little one smiling at me.


Friday I dropped by my parents' house, and she watched Stella while I got a few things done. My mom bought a Bumbo chair for Stella and other future grandchildren. She was having a good time sitting in it and looking outside the windows at the trees.

Checking out the light fixture





Trying to get a better look at something

Brett came home from work a few hours earlier on Friday. On the way home, he picked up an early Valentine's Day present for Stella: a very soft, fluffy bunny, which she absolutely adored.







My cousin, Hans's wedding was fun; it was hard to take any good shots because I was either busy with Stella or the lighting was too tricky. My sister-in-law, Naomi, styled the wedding. She made the backdrop for the ceremony and she used vintage accents like antique books and jars for the tables, and she made cool paper ball hangy things that I really, really wish I had taken pictures of.

We ran into traffic on the way there, but made it in time

Brett was on Stella duty during the ceremony :)

Vows; I really liked the Sigur Ros music for the processional
Saturday morning Brett worked on those crazy sharp nails of hers. She is SO squirmy these days, so it makes filing her nails quite the challenge. although she is usually better for Brett when he does it!


Sticking out her tongue

Her furrowed brow cracks me up

Her reward for sitting so still: a little clowning around with Dad

Which inevitably leads to hair pulling
After her nap, we headed to Herkimer for brunch to celebrate Jared's 32nd birthday with my siblings, their spouses, and my parents.

Trying on Uncle Jared's hat 



Something outside caught her eye momentarily




Susie and Jesse
Brett and I exchanged our Valentine's gifts early on Saturday night, and Sunday was a day of getting groceries and some stuff for the trip, and going to church in the evening. Brett and I watched Downton Abbey last night - next Sunday night is the season finale. I was delighted to hear that there is going to be a third season next year!


Brett's gift to me: lavender bubble bath

I gave Brett two cds

Stella's bunny
The next few days will involve preparing for our visit to Ohio to see Brett's family. I hope you all had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post, Sarah! I absolutely love the picture of Stella smiling out at you from the back of the car. She looks so happy and amused like, "Hey!! Mom!! What are you doing out there! I can see you! Fun!" How adorable. And what cute pics of Brett clipping her nails :) Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
    Love,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! That first picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete