Friday, May 25, 2012

thinking back

I wrote this last year around this time when we were getting so close to welcoming Stella into the world. I was so READY to have her! I just wanted to know what she looked like and to HOLD her and snuggle with her. It's so cliche, but WHERE DOES THE TIME GO? How is it that I have a 11 1/2 month old daughter? Is it part of the curse that our sweet babies grow so fast? ha ha! At least they don't grow as fast as the rate that puppies and kittens and other animals do!

I have begun to lose count of the friends I have who are pregnant and due sometime this year. Keeping the due dates straight has been a challenge! I am so happy for them and excited to see what the babies look like and which parent they will resemble the most (although that changes from day to day!) For the first-time moms, YOU WILL DO GREAT! After delivering your baby, you may feel this huge rush of empowerment because you just brought a human being into the world! It's so incredible when you think about how God orchestrated everything and knit your son or daughter so carefully and lovingly for 9 months (give or take a few days), and has decided which day your baby will arrive, what time, how unique your birth story will be, etc., not to mention all the breathtaking physical things your body just did to birth that baby. I can't wait to see all the babies this year - either via pictures or in person. It's so exciting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment