Another week is upon us! Last week, in addition to planning and hosting Stella's first birthday party, I also attended two beautiful baby showers for friends, who are due the 13th (
Amy) and 27th of July (
Erin), respectively, with girls. I definitely had many pink gift bags to choose from the ones I had saved from Stella's baby shower presents! It was fun to pick out gifts from their registries and anticipate along with them for their little girls' arrivals.
The first three pictures below are from the beginning of this week. Stella and I both enjoy our morning walk, which has become quite the ritual to begin each day. We often go a second time in the day at around 5 p.m. That time is what I like to refer to as the witching hour: by that time I am running out of energy and ideas to keep Stella occupied and I am just ready for Brett to get home and to be around another adult, and to have help watching her, holding her, or playing with her. Fortunately, sometimes Susie stops in after work when she gets off at 4:30.
 |
| ahh, summer |
 |
| studying a blade of grass |
 |
| stroller rides are very soothing |
 |
| emptying my purse and nightstand of their contents |
 |
| she fell asleep on the way home from dinner at grandpa and grandma's |
 |
| i get so much help these days with the laundry! |
 |
| doing a great job standing up with the help of props recently |
Yesterday we went to visit my friend, Joelle, and her girls, Delaney, Adelyn, and newborn, Isla. Stella had so much fun playing with the girls and all their fun toys and having a little Justin Bieber dance party right before we left. Joelle blew Stella a kiss when it was time to go, and Stella blew her a kiss right back. It was so cute. I couldn't get a good picture of Stella with Adelyn (they were too active!), but pictured below is Delaney.
Stella and I have another visit to friends scheduled tomorrow. Getting out of the house to see people has proven to be a wonderful thing for me! Being a stay-at-home mom can be kind of lonely at times, so I am being more proactive about getting out (besides the usual errands) to visit friends and family.
This morning Stella had her 12-month checkup. She weighs 17 pounds 11.5 ounces and measures 29 inches. She is in the fifth percentile for weight, and her pediatrician is not concerned because she is healthy and doesn't appear to be wasting away when he examined her. She is just petite. :) I love my little peanut. Brett met us at the appointment and stood next to her and soothed her during three shots. She was crying so hard!
 |
| :( |
 |
| she fell asleep on the way home from the appointment |
On July 9th she has her one-year-later followup with the Children's Heart Clinic downtown. The specialist will be checking her heart murmur. I am praying that the hole has closed up by now.
Well, that's about it. Besides helping some friends move on Saturday, I am really hoping for a low-key weekend, especially after the big birthday weekend we just had. There are always projects to do around the house, too!
What a sweetie pie! She looks so angelic when she's sleeping. :)
ReplyDelete