Just as Stella depends completely on Brett and me, so should I be depending on God as his child. Without God, I can no more do this mom thing than I can fly or lift up a car. To think I can do this on my own strength is ridiculous. The other ladies in my small group and I have been reading A Praying Life by Paul Miller. The book has been such a palm-to-head reminder that we must pray without ceasing - big or small things - they all matter to God. Knowing I have a channel of communication with the creator of the universe through his son is comforting. Everything is possible with him. I have a relationship with him in both the challenging and easier times of life. He will give me grace and resources to handle whatever direction he leads me.
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30 ESV)
What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear\ What privilege to carry everything to God in prayer\ Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear\ All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment