Thursday, December 27, 2012

silent night

Christmas was wonderful, hectic, and even more fun this year to watch Stella take in the magic of it all. Every year I enjoy the anticipation of Christmas Day, and then feel sad when I experience the letdown that it's over as I get ready for bed Christmas evening. There is the sadness of saying goodbye to family members who have flown in for the holiday and the sadness of having to FaceTime with family who are half a world away instead of having them there in person. Instead, I'll focus on the beauty of this season - the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ; of giving and receiving alike; spending time with people you love; eating wonderful foods; listening to festive and reverent, beautiful music....a thrill of hope the weary world rejoices...

The most popular Christmas carol in the Johnson household this year was Silent Night. I'll wrap up this very short post with Stella singing:



No comments:

Post a Comment