Tuesday, April 8, 2014

someone told me it's all happening at the zoo

Spring seems to have finally arrived in the Twin Cities, and we're loving it! Stella wanted to be outside as much as possible over the weekend. Even though she was still getting over her cold, and I was feeling crummy, we thought it would be worth it to get out of the house and go to the zoo. Stella had never been, so it was so fun to see her take in all the sights.





HUGE brown bear






I'm so happy to live in a world where seahorses exist


Worn out from her fun day at the zoo

I know reading about my sick kids may be incredibly dull for you, but it has been my life lately. I really feel for the other moms and dads who are dealing with sick kids, and it seems like they are never going to get better, or they get better only for a short time, and then another virus knocks your household down. I see you; I sympathize with you; I have felt my heart sink when I see another Facebook post that your kids are sick or that you've come down with something. It's hard. Really hard. Especially when you see pictures of people going on glamorous spring break trips. I'm fighting for joy and for the attitude that rejoices with other people's happiness because God gives good gifts to people, including me. Ugh, why can't I be more thankful? 

Sunday morning when Gracie woke up sick and miserable, we accepted that our weekend was basically over. Grace barely napped; she was congested plus her nose was running practically nonstop. We stayed close to home and played with Stella outside and took turns holding Grace, who didn't want to be set down. She's doing a little better, but I left her home with my mom today while Stella and I went to BSF. So far today she has taken one three-hour nap, and she's been sleeping a second time for an hour or so already. 

Tonight we'll be having one of our dinner go-tos around here: almond chicken. I think I've already posted about it in the past, but we love it so much, that I think I'll share it again. Lately I've been making it with chicken thighs, and it is so delicious. 

I've already prepped it, and I'll bake it in the oven once I know when Brett's coming home. He got home at 9 last night, but I think he's leaving at 6:15 or so tonight. We'll see...

Just a note...I don't use that much cayenne pepper - just a dash. I also grease the dish with coconut oil. I think raw meat looks disgusting, so I didn't post step-by-step pictures, but it's pretty darn easy.





To perk up Miss Stella while she was sick, I bought her paint and brushes from Target last week. Almost every day, she requests to paint. It's so cute.





The poor little sickie. :(




My health kick continues! :)



I took this picture this afternoon. In addition to having a cold, she is drooling like crazy, and trying to put everything into her mouth, so maybe she's teething. I have to change her outfit a couple times a day because she drools all over her clothes, even if I put a little bib on her.


A year ago around this time...



That last picture reminds me...three new babies were born within the last week to three different couples in my social and family sphere: Sybil Psalmody born to my cousin Bethany and her husband Jon on March 30; Kate Josephine to the Van Zees, and Lucas Leroy to the Fernandez family. Hooray for babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment