I apparently blinked because I have three-year-old in the house now. She's a preschooler. She's not an infant, a baby, a toddler - no, she's a little girl. It's fun watching her reach physical, emotional, developmental milestones, but part of my mother's heart definitely feels the ache that comes when realizing your little one is growing faster than you thought imaginable.
I didn't intend to have a big party for her. It just kind of happened. I was browsing ideas on
Pinterest. I didn't really want a themed-out party, so I was searching for pink and gold decor, and this combination seems to be having a moment. So, this is what I was envisioning:
And actual reality (which was just as wonderful!):
 |
| Raspberry Chocolate Diva cake from Buttercream |
 |
| from the Buttercream Cakes website |
 |
| Singing the birthday song |
 |
| Enjoying cake with friends |
 |
| Gabriela and Gracie |
 |
| Playing with one of her gifts from Grandma and Grandpa after the party |
 |
| My aunt Sharon holding baby Aletheia, my sister Susie with Grace, and our friend Michelle holding baby Lucas (sorry the Instagram picture couldn't fit Sharon and Lucas in the frame very well!) |
 |
| We bought Stella an easel from IKEA (plus a kids' play table and a coffee and tea play set all from IKEA - pictures coming soon). |
I didn't even take pictures of the decorations or very many of the actual party because I was busy being the hostess, but I am hoping Brett took some on his phone, and then I'll add them later.
Stella was so excited about her balloons, and when Brett was blowing up all her pink balloons the morning of the party, she could not stop jumping up and down excitedly. It was so cute. She tried blowing up some herself:
Thank you, Target, for having some light pink girly decorations. Maybe next year I'll have the Pinterest-fabulous party? Haha. Something tells me that's not going to happen. :)
Stella's little friends were so cute presenting their presents to her. I think she was pretty overwhelmed with the gift-opening part, so I ended up opening most of them, but she has been having so much fun playing with her gifts throughout this past week. Everyone was so sweet making her feel special.
We love you, Stella Joy! Happy Birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment