Monday, June 30, 2014

thankful

Even on my most challenging days as a parent, I love, love, love being a mom. I've longed for this role so long, and sometimes I feel like I'm going to burst at the seams with the affection I feel for these two little girls that God blessed us with.


There are moments I can't even believe that I get to be home with them. I don't have to miss the big and small moments. I don't have to miss hearing Stella say funny and sweet things. I get to scoop them up and give them kisses and hugs whenever I want to. I don't have to hear or see secondhand what they did in a given day, be it bad or good. This is what I wanted, and I got it. My heart is full of gratitude. Sometimes I just tear up that God would bless me this way.

Not every mom wants to stay home full-time, and you may think I'm crazy for wanting to. To each her own. I'm just stating my thankfulness that God has allowed my circumstances to fall in line with my dream.

This post goes out to all the moms: You are doing good work. Be confident. Don't be too proud to ask for help. Take care of yourselves. Hug your children every chance you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment