First of all, should it be Fathers' Day or Father's Day? Ah, apostrophe conundrum. I can see the argument for both ways. Anyway, today I will put the apostrophe before the s and move on with my life.
Last weekend was really nice. Although I'm blanking out right now what we did. Hmm, Friday night. I think we ate at home and then watched a couple episodes of Breaking Bad until about 11 p.m. and then Brett decided to paint a door that he hopes to install in the near future to replace the old bathroom door. He painted the door in our unfinished yucky porch until midnight.
| Breaking Bad is very intense, and it involves the drug culture in New Mexico, but the character development and acting and story is just amazing. |
Saturday night we were up with both girls a few times, so we were so tired. Brett went to church with Stella, and I stayed behind with Grace so she could take a morning nap. I was so tired my eyes were stinging. Later we met up at Spasso for brunch/Father's Day. Stella finally crashed at the restaurant. She was coloring one minute, then when Brett held her, she fell asleep in his arms, and he held her the whole time he ate. The service was incredibly slow, and toward the end, Grace started to lose it, too!
![]() |
| Working hard on her Father's Day card (one day late - oops!) |
Brett let me try to nap (I can't seem to fall asleep during the day as an adult), and Stella watched something on Netflix on my bed next to me while Brett mowed the lawn. Eventually, all three of us girls went outside and watched as Brett did some yard work. The weather was beautiful and perfect, and the breeze seemed to keep the bugs at bay. Brett was craving a steak, so he picked up some awesome grass-fed ribeye steaks at Lakewinds and grilled them up along with some mushrooms. We ate outside and, after we put the kiddos down for the night, we sat outside and chatted and sipped wine. Lovely.
Stella had her three-year well child exam on Monday. She is healthy and still peanut-sized, weighing in at 28 pounds. I was relived to know she was up to date on vaccinations, so she doesn't need one until she's 5 (besides flu shots, but now they have a mist for little kids, which is a nice option!) She absolutely loves the fish at the doctor's office. :)
We have been going on walks nearly every day. Yesterday we went in the morning, and I was so hot afterward. This week has been rainy and thunderstormy and getting kind of humid, which I HATE! Anyway, thank goodness for air conditioning or else I would be a goner.
![]() |
| New Saltwater-brand sandals from Nordstrom. She loves them! When she got out of bed this morning, she brought them to me and wanted me to put them on her first thing! |
![]() |
| Target with both of them for the very first time! |
| Caribou and Nordstrom date with Stella Joy |
Caterpillar update...he is no longer with us. I think the second picture explains what happened. She dumped him out on the deck to play with him, and he fell through a crack in the deck. She immediately started bawling and said that he was gone forever and that she had liked him. But first, in the picture below, I was making dinner, and went inside for a minute, and when I came back out, she had grabbed one of Brett's shoes and was trying to dump it out in his shoe. So funny!
















No comments:
Post a Comment