Another week under our belts: a week of a sick baby, veggie straw consumption, walks through the neighborhood, BSF, gym class, Target runs, and multiple cups of coffee, and a whole lot of grace. Grace was up until 3 in the morning Monday night. She was congested and crying her head off whenever I tried to lay her down in her crib, so I ended up holding her most of the night so she could be propped up and breathe better.
Gracie had her 9-month checkup Wednesday, and she is a happy, healthy, thriving baby. Stella went along, too, and comforted Grace throughout the appointment and during her flu shot. Grace didn't even cry after her shot! The pediatrician checked her ears and discovered that one of them was considerably red, so she decided to treat it with amoxicillin. I've been giving Grace yogurt this week because of the probiotics are so good especially while on an antibiotics regimen.
Grace is actually ten months old, but they are flexible on scheduling the nine-month appointment because there are no vaccinations at this appointment (except for the flu shot).
![]() |
| post doctor appointment |
![]() |
| reading time! |
I recently took the plunge and ordered the Young Living Essential Oils starter kit as I am desperate for anything to help my girls not get sick (hello, Thieves oil!) I am pretty skeptical about their effectiveness for treating sickness and the like, but my curiosity got the better of me, and I won't know if it works for us unless I try it, so here we go.
Okay, totally mundane household item, but these are awesome! I saw these microwave-safe plates at Marshall's and bought them. No more burning our fingers pulling out our regular plates out of the microwave!
I picked up this quiche plate from Crate and Barrel because I like quiche, but have never made it, and thought it would be a fun thing to make on Saturday mornings when I have a little more time to make a nicer breakfast. I'm open to your favorite quiche recipes!
Here is another mundane household item that I love and want to share with you. This kitchen cloth cleans the counters and table so well and DOESN'T STINK. You can even wash it in the washing machine. It dries really fast, too. Grab a pack the next time you're at Trader Joe's. They come in packs of two. They come in yellow, blue, and green. I also knocked down nearly the whole display the last time I was there. So embarrassing, but they were hung on these little flimsy clip things, and were just waiting for someone like me to come along and knock them all over while I took one pack off a clip. Sigh.
Today marks the one-year anniversary of Brett's and his partner's company, First Light Asset Management. With all the stress and long hours, it feels like it has been way longer than one year. I am so excited for this milestone and for all the hard work they have put into this company.










No comments:
Post a Comment