Thursday, September 4, 2014

labor day weekend

Labor Day came and went, and we really enjoyed having Brett home for the long weekend. Last week Stella started up her gym class again, and she really enjoyed her class. Grace and I hung out in the other room and watched her through the window with the other parents.




We have been going on lots of walks. Sometimes I take them on a walk during that time of the day when it's not quite time for dinner, and Brett is still working, and we are all going crazy. This is one of the landmarks on our route - this Mickey Mouse lawn decoration that Stella loves.



Caribou date on a rainy Friday morning with my cousin Emily.


Playroom updates! Brett assembled this bookcase from Land of Nod Friday night, and Stella lent him a hand. I have been bitten by the organization bug lately, and I had so much fun putting the girls' books on these shelves, and putting some of their arts and crafts type stuff in the aqua bins. The Frank Stella print is one we bought at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts a few years ago.


Brett also hung up this art display garland from Land of Nod. I love how it adds some color to the play area.



We had longtime friends over Saturday night, and Stella had so much fun with their three girls.


Brownies and ice cream!


Sunday afternoon we enjoyed some frozen custard from Adele's.


Monday was Labor Day, and we enjoyed a leisure morning of cuddling and drinking coffee.


Grace and Stella loved snacking on a sweet Colorado peach in the afternoon.



We went for a walk and for some play time at the park. In the pictures below, you will see that Grace was getting very sleepy. She watched Stella swing and go down the slides.


Sunday evening we met up with friends in Wayzata and had some ice cream at Ben & Jerry's and let the kiddos play at the park. Stella somehow ended up with wet sand in her hair, mouth - well, pretty much everywhere. I didn't take any pictures that night.

Tuesday morning back to reality...


Yesterday I saw an ENT for my lingering ear pain problems, and they also tested my hearing which is totally normal. I still have fluid in my ear which is causing the pain, but it is getting better every day. He looked down my throat and felt my neck and jaw and asked me about other facial pain. Turns out I have TMJ, which is fairly easy to treat with massage and ibuprofen and a mouth guard. I think I can get one from my dentist. While I was waiting for the doctor, I enjoyed studying this poster. Haha. It's amazing how connected everything is with ear/nose/throat. 


Stella has been sick since Monday night. She was up various times with fever, and she has had a fever ever since. We are managing it with rest, pushing fluids, and Ibuprofen. So far Grace hasn't shown any signs of being sick, and we hope it stays that way!



Brett's car battery died, so he took my car today. Even though we aren't going anywhere today because Stella is sick and it's been raining and storms are on the docket for the afternoon, I still feel cooped up without having a car. Last night I went for a walk with the girls, and Brett called saying that he couldn't get his car started at work (it was about 7 or 7:15 p.m.) and he couldn't get a hold of other people to help, so I schlepped the girls over to his office, and he used the jumper cables to get it going. Stella and Grace had fun until we were driving back, Grace decided to bawl the whole way home which set Stella off, too. Ahh, parenthood.

Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 68 degrees followed by the 70s for the rest of the weekend. I am totally on board with that forecast after the last few days of heat and humidity.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy hearing about what is going on but so sorry that Stella is not feeling well. Glad that you are better and hope you will soon be all better !! Looking forward to seeing all of you next month. Love always and miss you all. Elaine

    ReplyDelete