Summer is coming to a close, and I am happy to look back and see that we lived our days to the fullest and made lots of fun memories. We made so many visits to the park, played in the yard, got together with friends, and have enjoyed lots of grill-outs (and will continue throughout the fall!)
Below you will find a (massive) photo dump of our summer adventures.
 |
| I put mandarin oranges in an ice cream cone and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. Ha. |
 |
| Always a cuddle after bath time. |
 |
| The last time I visited my grandma at her home. Stella was at VBS so Grace and I stopped by with doughnuts. |
 |
| Grandma kept a basket of beanie babies for the toddlers to play with; Grace always liked the black lab puppy. |
 |
| Lots of time with my niece Gwenyth |
 |
| This one loves her sleep sack. She is in a size large, and I believe they have an XL size, too. |
 |
| Helping me make dinner; Grace helped herself to some grilled chicken. Yikes! |
 |
| Stella Sunshine |
 |
| I love love love pine trees |
 |
| A house I like :) |
 |
| Summer evening grill-out with friends |
 |
| The kids' table at dinner |
 |
| My girls with 2 out of 3 Richter kids |
 |
| Grace scampered off after diaper change and in between clothing changes! |
 |
| Fun with the Richter kiddos |
 |
| Fun with Charlotte |
 |
| They went through a recent coloring craze |
 |
| Bedtime stories |
 |
| She loves her black lab puppy |
 |
| Sam entertains Grace during her breakfast |
 |
| James and Grace |
 |
| Bubbles with Sam |
 |
| Grace is being so quiet...where is she? Just lying on her sister's rug and cuddling her sleep sack. |
 |
| That was one of the crazier days. |
 |
| Chikfila before MOA |
 |
| She swooned when she saw that there were dozens of frames available for the American Girl doll. She exclaimed: "She has glasses just like me!" and then she swooned and fell back against her stroller seat. |
 |
| Checking out the wonders of Nickelodeon Universe |
 |
| Stella loved this; Brett tolerated it well. |
 |
| Lunch at Grandma's |
 |
| Working the barre! |
 |
| Good posture, Stell! |
 |
| Stella picked out this DQ cake for Brett |
 |
| Stella has been all about holding Grace and cousin Gwenyth lately. She said to Grace: Do you want to sit in my lap? It's a very big lap for babies!" |
 |
| She is rarely ever without a plush toy animal |
 |
| Grace was happier watching Stella go down or throwing her stuffed animal lion down the slide than going herself. :) |
 |
| The three cousins hanging out |
 |
| Gwen loved playing with Stella's shoes, so Stella lay down so she could reach them and play with the velcro straps. |
 |
| Cozy in her Frozen sweatshirt that my grandma gave her for her 4th birthday. Stella said of it: "And she got me pockets on it!" |
 |
| They're always game for the park! |
 |
| Stella has loved holding Gwenyth this summer |
 |
| Jogging with Uncle Jared |
 |
| Grandma cuddles her granddaughters |
 |
| Susie spends some time with Gwenyth |
 |
| Getting a closer look! |
 |
| Goodbye sweet Gweny |
Brett took last Friday off and we spent a little time in Excelsior, a lake town nearby. Brett has had a cold all week, and he still wasn't feeling the greatest, but we made the most of it!
 |
| Grace LOVES guacamole; she calls it moley or oley |
 |
| Grace tags along with her guacamole container |
 |
| Oh how I love this place |
 |
| We were making dinner and they were playing downstairs. We heard them saying, "I love you" and saw that they were giving each other hugs. |
 |
| Daddy is a good sport even when he is feeling lousy! |
 |
| She loves climbing onto this chair lately, and many times she will take a doll or stuffed animal with her. |
We tried
Sea Change for Brett's birthday dinner. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling very good, and then Brett came down with a cold that evening, too. We joke that usually our birthdays fall around the same time as tragedy or sickness.
 |
| Grilled shrimp and langoustines |
 |
| Brett's arctic char and my swordfish |
 |
| View from the Guthrie's deck |
 |
| We rounded out the evening at French Meadow for some peach-rhubarb crisp |
 |
Mill City Ruins
|
Sometimes I really wish we could spend more time downtown. Just yesterday, Brett and I were able to steal away to
Masa on Nicollet for some delicious Mexican fare. So fresh and the flavors are amazing.
Next summer I would love for us to take the girls somewhere up North as a family. We tend to take trips to Ohio in the fall with the kids, and Brett and I like to get away in winter or spring.
I hope you all enjoy the remaining weeks of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment