Thanks to a warmer-than-usual fall this year, we still have green grass and no snow, although this morning I saw lightning, heard thunder, it rained, hailed, snowed, and then rained again. Tomorrow it's supposed to dip down into the 20s.
This picture was taken late October or early November. We enjoyed some fun backyard fires late into the season.
The girls have been increasingly playing with each other, although most of the time they do their own thing. Sometimes completely unprompted, I will hear them giggling in another room playing with each other. I hope this happens more frequently!
After my grandma died last August, no one else wanted the old piano in her house, so I have it for now. It's not in the greatest shape, and I haven't had it tuned yet (it hasn't been tuned since 2008!) The girls love it, and are always requesting I play Christmas songs.
They are always putting on my shoes. They pulled out these old Uggs of mine that I usually only throw on to run out and get the mail, but Stella likes how soft they are.
Gracie turned 2 on November 18, and here she is holding some books I gave her for the occasion.
The Fancy Nancy one was actually for Stella because she is a big fan of that series. I love how the books help expand her vocabulary in a fun way. When we're out and about and she asks me what a word means, I borrow from Fancy Nancy and tell her, "That's a fancy word for..."
Stella helped make cupcakes for Grace's birthday
Time to open presents from Brett and me! We gave her a v-tech school bus with 3 characters, books, and a soft doll.
Some of Stella's recent preschool crafts.
Stella has gotten so good at spelling her own name. :)
Since my mom's birthday is November 14, and Grace's the 18th, we celebrated one weekend night. I ordered an almond praline cake from Buttercream.
The morning after the party, the girls played with Grace's gifts.
Brett took the girls to Target one Sunday to buy exterior lights, and he bought this adorable bear for Grace because she couldn't be parted with it once she laid eyes on him and carried him all around Target. Brett=pushover.
Hanging up lights!
They pulled out all of the deck furniture cushions out of the closet one afternoon, having an absolute blast of a time!















No comments:
Post a Comment