Friday, December 18, 2015

the girls' preschool christmas party

Yesterday the girls attended their preschool's Christmas party which included decorating a cookie, making an ornament, watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, and exchanging gifts with their classmates. Stella and Grace gave away My Little Pony ponies. Gracie actually received a MLP pony herself, and Stella got a Doc McStuffins puzzle which she has put together multiple times since yesterday. She loves it!

Before preschool yesterday; poor Stella woke up with one of her epic nosebleeds, and mercifully Grace was still sleeping during the 20-30 minutes it took for the nosebleed to run its course while I pinched Stella's nose and calmed her down. It seems that even with having gotten her sensitive blood vessel cauterized in September, the nosebleeds keep coming. We run a humidifier in her room every night, too. Here she was relieved and happy after it was all over, little sweetheart.

Sometimes she regresses and writes her S backwards, but I think it's so quintessentially childlike and cute. 


Stella's ornament in the foreground

Gracie's ornament

They made bookmarks for the parents

Grace's December crafts

Grace's beloved pony

Stella's 24-piece puzzle 

So proud having completed it all herself
Maybe I will volunteer during the party next year when Gracie will most likely still attend. This year I had to finish up Christmas shopping while I could. I am so thankful for their school and their loving teachers who always come up with the most thoughtful and fun activities for the kids to do. Having the peace of mind that they are lovingly cared for in such a nurturing environment has truly been such a blessing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment