Friday, February 12, 2016

loving lately

Here's a roundup of simple joys and graces from God to make life a little more enjoyable.

Usborne Phonics Readers for Stella--think Dr. Seuss, but way more palatable for the adult helping his or her child read. The illustrations and stories are so cute and funny.


Facials

I've gotten two facials in the last 3 or 4 months, and I am HOOKED. For stress management reasons, Brett and I both have memberships at Massage Envy. One time Brett transferred one of his credits to me and scheduled me a facial. It was so relaxing and awesome that I went back another time and got one. I hold a lot of tension in my neck and face, so after she applies some kind of cleansing or smoothing serum/mask on my face, while it works on my face, she massages my arms, face, and neck, and it has made such a difference. I also love the beginning part when she puts the steamer on my face. It's so relaxing and warm. I can tell my skin feels more smooth in the weeks following a facial.

Sephora eyeliner

This liner is only $12, and it actually stays put. I went with the matte brown/black one since black liner looks too harsh with my fair skin tone. I can't find that same color online, but that is the one I bought in the brick-and-mortar store.




I have very fine, sparse brows, so I like to fill them in a little with a pencil. I love this pencil because the tip is small and allows me to to get in the small spaces and make it look light instead of heavy-handed. I buy it in the Taupe color.


I love anything almond-scented. Brett and Stella picked out this almond oil and cleanser for me for Christmas from Sephora, and I absolutely love how it smells and how soft the products make my skin feel. The image below shows basically the spring version of the Christmas edition they gifted me.


Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil It's smooth and easy to apply. It doesn't feel dry or sticky.




We were gifted this fabulous candle, Bourbon and Brown Sugar, for Christmas, and a certain toddler in our family knocked it over and broke it (thankfully when it was unlit). I searched for it online, and I will most likely be ordering a replacement soon. I was thrilled to find many more varieties. I am such a basic girl--give me a good candle and I'm so happy. Corinne, if you're reading this, I can just imagine you laughing your infectious laugh and quoting that one Twitter account about the things girls say--"Hey, smell this candle!"




Norwex worshippers, I mean Norwex aficionados, avert your eyes for this next part. I recently discovered Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and I honestly had so much fun removing nasty fingerprints from around doors and corners of walls that the girls always seem to touch. I also got some vacuum black smudges out of white trim, and a lot of general grime off of the walls. When I was done, I took a damp cloth and rubbed it over anywhere I had used the Magic Eraser, and it looked even better. Hey, we are talking simple joys here, remember? Lower your expectations immediately!


As an Honest Company fan girl, I still love my Multi-Surface Cleaner. I use that on pretty much everything else. 


I bought this cross body bag at Madewell last spring or summer, and it is my hands-down absolute favorite purse. It is the perfect size for the kinds of stuff I tote around with me. I like where it hits on me, and I love cross body styles because they stay on me. I have fairly narrow shoulders, so most purse shoulder straps tend to slide off of me all the time, and makes me irritated. My criteria for purses is pretty much: no visible logos, genuine leather, not too big, and not too tiny. 



Buying presents for my future nephew. He's making his debut in March or April. I can't wait.

I think he needs this:


or this from Tea Collection:


Brett's sister, Sonia, introduced this lovely light citrus black tea last fall, and I just recently found it at Byerly's. Treat yo self.


Listening to Sia's new album and loving it! As for the cover art...um...



LaCroix. Always. Because LaCroix. It doesn't even need an explanation. < Mic drop >



Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day in Rhubarb. My new favorite I found at Whole Foods.



No comments:

Post a Comment