Tuesday, April 12, 2016

johnson life

Grace loves wearing the same couple dresses, which reminds me of Stella at that same age, insisting on wearing her favorite dress every single day! Grace loves this orange hand-me-down and polka dot dress that Stella wore. She hates wearing leggings, too, but as it's often more cold than warm, I have to basically hold her down to put them on her before we head out of the house!









"Mom, Gracie kind of looks like Moses."


Two weekends ago, we celebrated my cousin Bethany's daughter, Sybil's second birthday. The girls had so much fun!
Having so much fun on Sybil's trampoline; playing with the Zepeda kids!

Painting rocks

We've started reading books in our bed before bedtime. Their current favorite book is "Bear Report" which involves Brett impersonating whale sounds at various points. This, of course, makes the girls laugh hysterically. 

Grace being Grace





Sunday outing to Glam Doll Donuts and then to Gold Medal Flour Park by the Mill City Ruins and Stone Arch Bridge.
Thoroughly enjoying her sprinkle "do-dut"









Stella wanted to stay here listening to the river as long as she could. "It's making me sleepy."


When we got home, I went for a long walk by myself. What a beautiful day it was!


When I returned, Brett was grilling up some vegetables and then barbecue chicken for dinner.


Monday, the girls and I ran a few errands, and were even able to fit in some train table playing time at Barnes and Noble.


This morning (Tuesday), Stella woke up sick to her stomach, so we didn't go to Bible study. She woke up feeling queasy and, after multiple false alarms throughout the early morning, thankfully never got sick. She went back to sleep around 8:30 and when she woke up again, was so sad to know that we had missed BSF. Today was "Show and Share" and she was excited to bring her Disney fairy doll, Fawn, to show her class. She also gets bummed whenever she misses because she loves the story time and playing games with her BSF friends. We only have a few more weeks of BSF before it ends for the year and, sadly, this is Stella's last year going as she'll be in kindergarten next year. She was 15 months old when she and I first started going, and I cry whenever I think of her not going with me after this year. This has been my second greatest "BSF loss" after my grandma died last August. Ahh, life: so sad and happy, so bittersweet all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment