Tuesday, September 20, 2016

lately I've been...

Listening to the podcast Risen Motherhood. I found out about it through reading the blog Espresso and Cream and Laura Wifler's blog.


Drinking apple cider vinegar mixed in water for health benefits. I've only been at it for two days now, but I'll make sure to update after a couple weeks of drinking it. I've heard so many good things about ACV and what it can do for your digestive health, so I thought why not give it a try. 



Applying face masks! After running out of the lovely, refreshing rose mask by Fresh, I bought a Sephora-brand rose mask which was equally luxurious. I picked up one at Target--I think it was Shea Moisture brand, and it wasn't as nice. I think I'll pick up some more from Sephora instead.

Reading the book pictured below. It's mildly entertaining, but not necessarily amazing. I have four other books on my bedside table. 
UPDATE: I finished it, but I started skimming through the rest of it by the time I got three-fourths through the book. Just meh.


and finished The Orchard over the weekend. Interesting characters, lots of designer shoe references, and lots of detail when it comes to food and wine, which I loved. And one scene involved the main character dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant that I'm pretty sure was modeled after Grant Achatz's Alinea.


Can't wait to order:

I loved Semple's Where'd You Go, Bernadette, so I can't wait to read her new one.

I've read every other book in this series. This is the newest one, and it comes out this month.


Studying the Gospel of John at Bible Study Fellowship.

Researching how to dress my body type. I lost about ten pounds over the summer, and have dropped one pant and shirt size. I've gotten rid of anything that is too baggy or boxy or unflattering on my frame. Pinterest is a great resource for finding posts for styling tips for petites. I'm still learning a lot about style, but I enjoy it.

Making a lot of Danielle Walker recipes. I recently bought her second cookbook, Meals Made Simple, and I'd like to order her newest one, Celebrations, as well!

sesame orange chicken

taco seasoning for beef tacos

ingredients for tuna salad with champagne vinaigrette over arugula and spinach

the finished product

Brett and I are trying to get out on a regular basis...depending on if babysitters get back to us! Saturday evening we went out for dinner and, unfortunately, right before we left, I started getting a migraine. Thankfully I am not the kind of migraine sufferer who is sensitive to light, but I do get vision problems, nausea, and then the headache sets in. The Excedrin kicked in somewhere during dinner.


We ate at one of our go-to favorites: Barbette. The menu is always changing, and we love the French food in a laid back, unstuffy atmosphere.

Cheese plate 
Sunday afternoon we went to the Room & Board outlet, Starbucks, and Tonkadale Greenhouse.






I brought this decor home, and I'm so happy to have finally found something to decorate that bare wall in our living room.


Brett grilled rainbow trout for dinner, and it was delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment