The bittersweet day finally came and went on September 6, 2016: Stella's first day of kindergarten. We are so excited for her to start her education, but we do acknowledge the relentless passing of time. It is hard to see them grow so quickly, no matter how fun to see them reach milestones along the way. We are definitely experiencing the tension of joy and pride of seeing her thrive at school along with sadness and nostalgia to see our firstborn no longer a baby, a toddler, a preschooler, but a kindergartener, a elementary school-aged kid.
I cried so hard that first week and the weekend leading up to it. I miss Stella so much during the day--her questions, our conversations, and hearing her play with Grace. I have been enjoying the one-on-one time I now have with Grace. The day passes so quickly and, before I know it, we are picking up Stella, and we still have a good chunk of the afternoon remaining to be with each other. Stella loves to tell me all about her day, and I am so thankful for that! She is very enthusiastic about learning. In addition to reading, math, science, and PE, she goes to three different "specials' throughout the week: music, art, and Latin.
 |
| Bring your supplies in/Meet your teacher night |
 |
| Labor Day, the day before school started, we spent some time at the beach |
 |
| She colored this the first day for Grace, and wrote Grace's name on it herself. I loved that she was thinking of Grace. :) |
 |
| Learning the Latin word for student |
 |
| Celebrating the first week of kindergarten completed |
 |
| uniform cuteness |
Books for Stella in honor of her first day at kindergarten:
No comments:
Post a Comment