I used to hate Tuesday, the most blah day of the week. Monday was about tackling a new week; Wednesday was at least the middle of the week; Thursday was one day before Friday; Friday the beloved gateway to the weekend; Saturday and Sunday meant no going to work. Tuesday, however, seemed like an extra nuisance of a day to make my week longer. Hey, even Newman from Seinfeld agrees with me: "Tuesday has no feel. Monday has a feel. Friday has a feel. Sunday has a feel." Tuesday was my numb day - one I just wanted to get through and be over with.
My disdain for Tuesday has recently changed since I started attending Bible Study Fellowship. The first couple weeks I kept wondering how I was going to get through the whole year of BSF since I hadn't found my groove yet. The last few weeks, however, have greatly improved, or at least my attitude has changed. I now look forward to Tuesday because it means BSF, and BSF means learning about God, getting to listen to other women talk about applying the Bible to their lives and feeling encouragement and I'm-not-alone-in-this support; I can relax and know that Stella's teachers are praying for her, teaching her songs and truths about God, and lovingly providing free childcare for two hours so that I can listen to a lecture on Genesis and fellowship with other moms.
BSF has also brought me closer to God. There are so many times that either the study notes, my group, or the lecturer reminds us that God wants a relationship with us. The principles challenge me to examine my heart and my walk with God. Do I make time for him? How do I treat others in my personal relationships? How do I consciously love and serve my husband?
God has graciously changed my attitude about a day of the week. He has helped me to get out of my comfort zone and provided a safe environment to share my heart with other women. He has placed sacrificial, creative, kind volunteers to teach and take care of Stella. He is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment