I took Grace to her four-month well child exam, and these are her stats: 14 lbs. 6 oz. and 25 1/4 in. long. (I just looked up Stella's four-month stats and she weighed 15 lbs. 7 oz. and measured 25 1/2 in. - kind of fun to compare!) She is a happy and healthy baby. Oh, and what we thought was a tooth is actually an Epstein pearl, a benign little cyst that will go away on its own. She had two shots plus the oral rotovirus vaccine. She cried so hard afterward, but calmed down with nursing. Last night she screamed for maybe half an hour before she eventually settled down. I was up with her a couple times during the night, too.
She continues to wake a couple times at night which has been challenging, but at least she goes right back to sleep after I change her diaper and nurse her. It's hard not to compare her to my champion sleeper, Stella, who was sleeping through the night early on as an infant. Every baby is different, I suppose. :)
The pediatrician seemed to enjoy Grace's personality, and she commented how aware she is about everything. Whenever I said something, Grace would whip her head in my direction; then the doctor would say something, and she would turn to look at the doctor. She loved the sticker decals on the wall; she cooed to the doctor. She was "talking" after the exam (before the shots) as if to relay to me her thoughts about it.
The doctor said we could give her some pureed foods or cereal at this point if we wanted to. I might try a little to see if it will help her sleep better at night. We didn't introduce pureed food until Stella was six months old. The doctor didn't seem to be rushing us into it or anything - she pretty much said it was up to us.
 |
Grace Olivia
(thanks to Sara Mehrer for the adorable hat) |
 |
| She loves chewing on her fingers |
 |
| 4 months already! |
 |
| Swaddled and sleepy - perfect time to cuddle this one |
 |
| Mid-bicycle kick |
 |
| Right before appointment - blissfully unaware |
 |
| Daddy showed up to the appointment! |
We are thankful for our healthy, engaging, happy little Grace-girl!
She is so cute and adorable! Thanks for posting all the pics! Sonia
ReplyDeleteOh-my-goodness... Grace {and Stella} are a-dorable.
ReplyDeleteIn the first picture you posted of Grace in the chair, the pink hat along with the pink pillow is perfection. :)