Saturday, July 5, 2014

independence day weekend

Brett got home early Thursday; yesterday was Independence Day; and Brett took Monday off. This all makes for a happy family!

Thursday morning, my mom, the girls, and I went to the Minnesota Landscape and Arboretum in Chanhassen. A couple volunteers read books about animals, bugs, and plants to little kids in the arboretum's library. It was so sweet. Afterward we strolled the girls around to look at plants, trees, flowers, and a fountain. Stella had so much fun, and Grace is always so content to be pushed around in the stroller.

I suppose someone who has greater self control than I would not proceed to post 23 pictures, but I did. HA!
























I just couldn't exclude any pictures of these gorgeous flowers. The rose garden was in full bloom, and we were so fortunate to go on such a lovely day that wasn't too hot!

Yesterday was the Fourth, and we drove out to White Bear Lake, MN to spend the afternoon with my sister Susie and her husband's family. We had so much fun walking by the lake and just relaxing and chatting.


Susie and Jesse brought cupcakes from The Copper Hen Cakery





Jesse manning the grill!

Stella pretty much followed around Lily 80% of the time




Sorry for the blurriness. Such great food!

First taste of watermelon!

Stella thought Lily needed a friend while she napped

Grace wasn't the only Johnson girl infatuated with Lily :) She pet her a few times, too. It was so cute.

Thank you for your hospitality, Nelsons!

We continue to have shoddy sleep as Grace still wakes up a few times per night, and last night Stella couldn't settle down until after 10. Then the neighbor boys were setting off firecrackers until after 11; then the neighbor lady was weed-whacking at 8 a.m. right next to our house. AAAH! So frustrating. I haven't had a solid night of sleep in...I can't even remember. It's getting so old. 

I was so relieved that Brett meal planned and took Stella grocery shopping with him this morning as every so often the lack of sleep really catches up to me and I can hardly find the energy to do anything. He came back with everything we needed including a fun new blow-up pool for Stella. She has been playing in it all afternoon, and right now she is outside with Brett as he installs some rubber edging in the front yard around the hasta plants and wood chips.

Besides my working in the Toddlers' room at church tomorrow, we don't have too much more planned for tomorrow and Monday besides getting some things done around the house.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, it is so hard to function without good sleep. Hope it gets better for you soon. Let me know next time you visit Linden Hills! We live very close so it would be fun to meet up with you, especially since I'm on maternity leave now.

    ReplyDelete