Tuesday, April 7, 2015

california getaway: san francisco, part one

Saturday afternoon we arrived to the Warwick Hotel in San Francisco. We were so wiped out! Brett and I both sleep terribly on vacation, and the two-hour time difference wasn't helping either. We had a dinner reservation lined up for later that evening, so in the meantime we watched Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis. She was renovating an old St. Paul mansion, in case you were interested. :) Dinner at the Bourbon Steak restaurant was very special! We both had steak (duh) and some sides (I think we ordered roasted brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes), and rounded off the evening with beignets with a caramel custard dipping sauce. I usually don't order cocktails, but that night I indulged myself with an exceptional whisky sour. We ordered a nice cab to complement our steaks.
















Sunday morning we took a bus to Alamo Square where we enjoyed seeing the "Full House" house and other fun sights along the way.









I developed some terrible blisters from all the walking (especially all the steep hills), so Brett bought some blister bandages that saved the day!







Brett hamming it up


Chinatown








After we walked through Chinatown, we stopped in a cafe in an Italian neighborhood. We enjoyed some cappuccino and tiramisu.










No comments:

Post a Comment