Wednesday, July 15, 2015

hodge podge and a half


I have scheduled Stella pretty heavily in activities this summer to get her ready for preschool and for her to stretch herself socially and artistically. Time apart from Grace and me is good for all parties involved, too, I think. I like seeing her develop some independence, learn cooperation with her peers, and respect for teachers. She is having SO MUCH fun, too! So far she has taken a Mud Puddles and Bubbles art type class, an Ahoy Matey art class, an Amazing Animals from Around the World class, and she will be wrapping up a 4-day camp tomorrow at a local church. The camp is called Wiggles and Giggles, and the theme for this session has been Explore Alaska.

frog on a lily pad and a pig in the mud crafts from Mud Puddles and Bubbles

bear from Mud Puddles and Bubbles

pirate ship from Ahoy Matey
anteater and prairie dog projects from Amazing Animals from around the World

Alaska-inspired art projects done at Wiggles and Giggles camp
While Stella is at her morning camps, Grace and I either run errands or stay at home while I clean the kitchen and do a few loads of laundry.

trying on a hat at Nordstrom Rack




in awe at Barnes and Noble 

She took Brett's tie off our bed and tried to put it on herself


watching the neighborhood boy mow our lawn

carrying around some friends from the toy aisle at Target; I quickly put them back before we checked out




cuddling with this play mat at Toys 'R Us. is it just me, or is $50 insanely expensive for something like this???

she carried this plastic lawn chair around the entire store--only for me to put it back and not buy it for her. ha!
A smattering of pictures:

a grown-up picture of myself before going out with brett recently
Our friends, the Underwoods, who are currently living in New Mexico via Minneapolis, recently visited friends and family for several weeks. In addition to Brett and Justin getting to go out two evenings and catch up, the whole family came over one Sunday evening for dinner. Justin and Jessica have two adorable kids, Liam and Evangeline. Seeing our children playing together was so fun!




Grace just wanted to play with the coat rack at the library 

Stella and I had a lunch date after going to the glasses store to drop her scratched up glasses. She is getting new lenses, and they should be done this week sometime. Hurry up, store!

Poring over grilling recipes

Brett made a raw and grilled zucchini salad and grilled chicken with a yogurt-based dip; recipe from Food & Wine special edition magazine that I found at Target

enjoying some painting during Grace's nap one day this week
I am currently reading The Goldfinch.

We are still watching whatever Chopped episodes we can get our hands on via Netflix.

We recently saw the new Pixar flick, Inside Out, which was amazing on so many levels. I would recommend it highly, especially for older kids and adults. I love the head nods to Minnesota, too. :)

In the week to come: enjoying a visit from out-of-town family and a big Lorence family photo shoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment