Hello! How is everyone doing these days? I miss posting here, and I hope I get back into it. Sometimes I don't know what to post because I don't know what kind of site this is supposed to be. I like talking about beauty products; I like traveling; I like writing in general about life; I enjoy documenting our Johnson life so we can look back and remember things we otherwise would've forgotten. Blog identity crisis!
We've had a rough winter of kiddos (and us) being sick seemingly all the time. Seriously, it gets so demoralizing at times when the kids are missing out on school and other activities and I feel cooped up and housebound! But I want to "suffer" well. I want to rely on God for every trial, big and small. I love to know that Jesus cares about everything we go through! He doesn't think
wow, she needs to buck up and get through this. He cares about every detail of his people's lives.
Last month Brett and I took a last minute weekend trip to
Canoe Bay in Wisconsin. It was so relaxing and QUIET since it was an adults-only resort. We went on a hike; watched movies, and I read half of
Kate Morton's The Lake House. We ate wonderful dinners at the resort's restaurant, and enjoyed having breakfast delivered to our place every morning! We were so thankful for this little retreat and that my mom was available to watch the kiddos (my poor dad was sick with a terrible cold, so my mom did everything).
 |
| Our cottage |
 |
| The loft inside the lodge/library building |
 |
| The lodge/commons area |
 |
| Exterior of our cottage |
 |
| I loved all the Frank Lloyd Wright touches |
 |
| A delicious squash soup made with smoked paprika |
 |
| Chocolate and pomegranate dessert |
No comments:
Post a Comment