Saturday, April 29, 2017

a few hours in seattle

Brett and I recently got back from a 6-day trip to the PNW. We both had never been before, and have always wanted to visit, so we started planning this winter. We flew into Seattle, and Brett had to get to a meeting about an hour after we landed. While he was tied up with that, I traipsed about Seattle on foot and via Uber. I took in the views of the Seattle skyline from the Columbia Center observatory floor, strolled through the public market, and then eventually met up with Brett 5 hours later in Kirkland for an Italian dinner before making the long drive to Portland that evening.

I was in introvert and people-watching heaven sitting on the comfortable couches in the Columbia Center after I was done taking in the views of the city. I even brought a book along and read for awhile, too.

But first, a donut. Caramel old fashioned.


















It was a super long day of travel after waking up at 5:30 CT that morning (not to mention Brett having to work late the night before, and then we took forever packing because we hate packing--lol!); flying to SEA; walking around most of the day; and having to drive slowly in the rain and dark and, eventually, road construction. At one point, Brett's eyelids were getting so heavy I asked him to pull off at the next rest stop so we could get out and walk around a little to wake up. I tried to find obnoxious pop songs on Spotify to keep us awake, too. Finally we reached Portland sometime after 11, so it felt like 1 central time. Bleh, we made the drive that night because Brett had to get to an early 8:00 meeting in Portland the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment