Well, it seems I am posting on average once a month. Oh well! Life is busy for us all, isn't it? April was an unusually busy month for me as I was able to go on two trips! The stars aligned for me to fly out to D.C. to visit my brother and sister-in-law. I hadn't been to this city since the late 90s.
The first two days I spent on their couch blowing my nose and feeling utterly miserable and, thanks to Virtuwell, I was able to get a sinus infection diagnosis and prescription for meds, so those kicked in pretty quickly after having taken them for 24 hours, and I felt much better for the tail-end of the trip. It was relaxing watching movies with Luke and Naomi, eating great food, and eventually getting out to do the loop of monuments and check out part of the National Gallery of Art. The last day, after church, we hung out in Georgetown, and I think I'd like to go back there because there was not enough time to visit this charming area!
I enjoyed visiting my family and getting a better idea of their day-to-day lives and surroundings. It is hard to live so far apart!
Meanwhile, the girls loved spending quality time with Brett. I got the impression that they ate a lot of ice cream.
 |
| Say what you will of Trump, but this hotel is magnificent |
 |
| National Gallery |
 |
| Some of my favorites at the National Gallery of Art |
 |
| So beautiful |
 |
| Naomi and I taking in some Monet; picture by Luke |
 |
| World War II Monument |
 |
| WWII monument |
 |
| WWII monument |
 |
| Lincoln's view |
 |
| It was a gloriously beautiful day |
 |
| Well, hey, Uncle Jordan! |
 |
| Fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant, CAVA. So healthy and delicious. |
 |
| Palm Sunday--before the service started at my brother and sister-in-law's church. |
 |
| Georgetown |
 |
| I thought the macarons photographed pretty well on Naomi's stylish table :) |
Thanks for hosting me! I hope in a couple years, we can return to visit as a family.
How neat that your girls will one day be able to visit their aunt and uncle in D.C. Having them to visit will definitely add to their appreciation of the city.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! :) :)
ReplyDelete