Here I am making s'mores in the apartment we lived in before moving to our house. Yes, s'mores. Not ratatouille. Not a rack of lamb. Not some fancy thing with the word reduction in it. Sure, I like to eat the gourmet, fancy-shmancy stuff, but I will not be the one making it.
I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on myself. If hard-pressed, I could come up with something good, but Miss Stella takes up a lot of my free time. I keep thinking, "some day, I will be a good cook. I will research recipes and come up with awesome dinners." Some day the inspiration will arrive out of nowhere. Meh. Probs not.
At least I bake now and then.
And when I have to cook dinner for small group, I pull through. A deadline type thing will motivate me or some kind of event or party for which I am responsible for bringing something to share. So, I am not a TOTAL lost cause.
So, are you a culinary genius or a slacker like me?
Baby's crying. Adios.
I'm like you - a slacker. I would like to learn to cook eventually because some of my favorite foods require some aptitude in the kitchen, but I just don't enjoy actually cooking enough to try anything besides what I already know. maybe someday!
ReplyDeleteDon't be too hard on yourself, Sarah! I love to cook, but honestly, most of my stuff is simple. I don't think I've ever cooked anything "gourmet", but then Doug and I are pretty low-key people. ;-) (And Doug is super easy to please - bonus for me!)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was totally kidding about the gourmet part. I just hate planning meals (even if they are simple) and the making part of them...so that pretty much covers the whole thing, I guess. HA!
ReplyDeleteHow about I come over and we make cookies together?
ReplyDelete