Tuesday, October 18, 2011

this and that tuesday

Since my brain is all over the place, I will just throw out some not-deep thoughts and life updates.

Stella has a tooth coming in. Also, she woke up at 6 this morning (usually she wakes up at 8 or 8:30) and went back to sleep at 7 and slept until 11. She ate and then fell back asleep. I'm not sure if she is sleeping so much due to a growth spurt or teething. This is all new to me and I am learning so much as I go along. The poor first children: their parents really don't know what is going on and they end up being the guinea pigs. I think raising our subsequent children will be easier. Famous last words? We'll see.

Costco is a tantalizing place. We went there on Sunday and Brett bought a Magic Bullet blender thing. You can make smoothies, dips, baby food, and many other things with that bad boy. We almost bought an exersaucer type play thing for baby, but it was $70 and we just spent a tidy sum for a Baby Bjorn last week, so we are going to hold off on that for awhile. She has been so active and squirmy and really needs something like an exersaucer or play gym (a mat babies lie on and there is a mobile-type thing for them to bat at and play with that goes above them). But back to Costco. You just never know what new thing they will have next! I spotted some cute Carter's clothes that I might get for the little one next time. What is your favorite thing about Costco? What do you usually buy there? How often do you try out new food items from there?

We went to Minnetonka Orchards last Saturday with my family and had so much fun. The weather was beautiful. Stella hung out in the Baby Bjorn and seemed so content and relaxed to have her mom tote her around in such a way that she could people-watch and be in on the action (and not break my back in the process). We enjoyed cider bratwurst, doughnuts, and caramel apples.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming holiday season starting with Halloween. Stella will be wearing a kitty costume from Carter's (that I spotted at Costco one week later for a lot less than what I paid for at Carter's...sigh) and so I am excited to see her in that. We won't be able to see Brett's family in Ohio this Thanksgiving or Christmas for various reasons, so we will be in Minnesota this year. I am so excited to get our Christmas tree and watch Stella's reaction to the lights and ornaments.

I would like a pair of dressy boots. I love the put-together, sleek look of nice boots paired with dressy jeans. My sister and sisters-in-law were all sporting boots at the orchard and I felt a bit mom-frumpish in comparison. When it comes to buying diapers, wipes, clothes, and toys for your baby, those other things fall to the wayside, and I really don't want to turn frumpy just because I am tired or don't have a lot of disposable income for nice clothes right now. There are affordable ways to stay in style and "with it"...I am just trying to figure out how. haha!

We are bringing the meal to small group this Thursday since this month is our month to provide dinner. I have decided what to bring, so now I just have to buy the stuff and cook it the day of. Are you in a small group? What is your format? What time of the day/night do you meet? Do you do dinner together or meet later and just have dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment