You know you need to shop for clothes when your infant daughter has more clothes than you have in her closet and dresser. You know you need to update your hairstyle when you have 2000 split ends. You know you need to color your hair when your natural color is two inches long before it meets the last-time coloring. You know you need new jeans when every one of your jeans is so relaxed to kingdom come in the rear that they make you look like you are 3 sizes bigger than your actual size.
So, I decided to have a makeover week. The motivator: family Christmas pictures this Saturday. I got my hair trimmed last Saturday and today I am getting my hair colored. Monday night my sister's small group was cancelled, so she texted me and asked if I wanted to go shopping. This was a sign. No backing out, Sarah, I said to myself. So with mom guilt coursing through my veins, (Stella was crying when I left her with Brett), we headed to the mall. My main objective of the evening was to find jeans. Now finding jeans is one of the banes of my existence. But not with Susie. She bustled around finding me the right style and size and would run out and get something else for me if it didn't fit and bring something better back to the fitting room. I ended up with some dark wash great-fitting skinny jeans from The Limited. If you are curvy and petite, try the 917 jeans at Limited. They are great! I also got a shirt to wear in the Christmas picture (thank you, Banana Republic, my favorite store) and a cardigan from Loft and two basic shirts from Gap to wear under the cardigan. It's a start. I will wait for the post-Christmas sales to get a couple more sweaters, some dressy boots, and a pair of ballet flats.
Side note: shopping has gotten so much more annoying than it usually is because of the sales people hounding you about opening up a store credit card. "You can save 15% on your purchase!" Wow, what a deal. NOT! They are so pesky and annoying. They even badger you about opening the store card WHILE YOU ARE IN THE DRESSING ROOM. It's stressful enough as it is trying something on like jeans - I don't need you to pressure me about a card! Then you get to the counter to pay for it and they ask you about the card again...after hearing NO for the fifth time, she asks me for my e-mail address, my phone number, zip, my social security, my firstborn. Ok, not the last two, but you get my drift.
Okay, so there you have it. Makeover week. What do you do to make yourself feel beautiful? Do you like shopping?
Ha. I had to chuckle at your "I don't wear sweats in public" comment, because I do! Sometimes I don't feel like wearing make-up and I want to run errands in comfy/baggy clothes. But then, that's who I was before the baby came. :) Good for you for getting some new clothes. I know how good that feels.
ReplyDelete