Tuesday, March 6, 2012

dad's birthday brunch

My dad's birthday is March 8th and, due to scheduling conflicts, my family celebrated his birthday last Sunday instead. I love my dad a lot. He is quite the character! He is a super-extravert who loves people. He is a very smart and wise person. He loves the Lord very much and the man gives, gives, gives. I hope my dad feels loved. Since he has a larger-than-life, strong personality, I think people get the impression that he's fine and doesn't need love or encouragement, but that is a wrong assumption. Sometimes my dad gets under my skin, and I'm sure I bug him in my own way because our personalities are SOOOO different, and I think we don't know how to relate at times as a result of that, but no matter what, I love my dad to death, and I know that he loves me, too. Growing up, he would always tell me that he loved me or ask, "do you feel loved?" Well, Dad. I hope you felt loved for your birthday this year. He is 59 years old. He was 29 when Mom had me and I was 29 when I had Stella. 



Naomi made huevos rancheros, and here is Luke taste-testing the first one. :)


This particular griddle wasn't heating very well, but thankfully Susie brought her new griddle and that one saved the day.
Naomi hard at work!


Jesse and Brett enjoying the food

This was the topping for the egg-tortilla part

Stella and her uncle Jared

Luke and Naomi 

The finished, delicious result: huevos rancheros

"Pinterest" Blueberry-Lemon-Buttermilk Coffeecake

Classic Morgensen-Hedstrom Cinnamon Coffeecake

Mimosa

Luke, Dad, and Brett were looking at a website about Bible word studies

Stella and Uncle Jesse


Stella and her new toy from Aunt Susie


We played this new, very fun game

2 comments:

  1. So funny that this post is up! Uncle Drake was in my dream last night, and when I woke up, I thought, "I bet it's his birthday soon!" Happy Birthday, Uncle Drake!

    Love,

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah you made my day. I'm so glad you're my daughter. By the way, do you want to go out to lunch next week? I know a pretty little girl who'd like to watch Stella for you. Dad

    ReplyDelete