Monday, September 17, 2012

afton afternoon

With Brett being gone Thursday through Sunday, I knew I needed to be proactive about lining up activities with other people so that I wouldn't feel lonely and sad, so Saturday Stella, my sister Susie, and I drove out to Afton, MN to visit with Susie's mother-in-law, Toni. I LOVE their house, and I hadn't been there since I attended a bridal shower for Susie that some of Jesse's aunts had throw for her last year. I love the house because it is an open floor plan and has really cool ceilings and other features.  Anyway, we went out there and Stella got to see the chickens (and one rooster) on their property as well as two adorable cats. We also drove into downtown Afton to visit a few shops and to walk along the shore of the St. Croix. It was a beautiful, restful visit. Thank you, Toni for hosting us and for sending home the wonderful vegetable beef soup!












Squire House Gardens (store and adjoining garden)







Being a princess about having sand on her hands




St. Croix River


No comments:

Post a Comment