Thursday, September 6, 2012

johnson home goings-on

Not too much has happened since I last posted. Stella is wearing glasses now...well, as much as possible. I'm sure it will take a little time for her to get used to them. We've all but given up on patching. She pulls it off almost as soon as we put it over her eye. The eye doctor's assistant said to just do the best we can with the patching as getting her to wear the glasses is the main priority.

After two super hot days, I am really enjoying the breezy 79 degrees today. It's supposed to be 66 degrees on Friday with a possibility of rain. I wouldn't mind a nice cozy rainy day. Thanks to the drought, our lawn is pretty much straw. There are a few over-achieving lawn-waterers in our neighborhood with bright green lawns, but not us. We pick our battles: grass ain't one of them. Maybe at our next house we'll care more.

Stella and I start up BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) next Tuesday in Wayzata. She'll go to her little class where they'll play, listen to a brief lesson, and sing songs. I will be listening to a lecture on Genesis (the entire school year every Tuesday), and discuss notes from the previous week with a small group that I'll be assigned to. I have mixed feelings about it: looking forward to having a fixture in my schedule and getting out of the house; a little dread knowing that I will have "homework" every day, and that it is kind of a big commitment. Overall, I think it will be good for Stella and me.

Did everyone have a nice Labor Day weekend? Sunday we went to my parents' house for dinner. This was the first family get-together without my brothers and their wives. It felt very different, but it was good. Monday Brett helped my dad do some car shopping. Only one of the dealerships that they wanted to visit was open, so they'll probably be doing some more test drives and shopping this Saturday. Brett LOVES doing car-buying research; my dad hates it, so he enlisted Brett for some help. My dad will be replacing his beloved Suburban, which is OLD and has tons of miles. This was the vehicle that moved Jared and me to college in Ohio and helped move Susie and Luke to their respective apartments, colleges, etc.

Well, I'm feeling too lazy to post pictures. I am thinking of getting a DSLR at some point so I can take better pictures for this blog...maybe even buy my own domain name, have someone design a site for me, and get a little more serious about the blog. Or not. We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. i can relate to so much in this post...our lawn is not a priority for us either and sometimes i think about amping up the blog! i'm also starting bsf. mine begins tomorrow. i hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete