Thursday, March 14, 2013

one evening in march

I needed some fresh air STAT, so after Brett got home, I threw on my New Balances and took to the neighborhood for an evening stroll. It was such a mild night, but brisk enough to feel invigorating. I was feeling so down today because I feel like I've had this stupid virus for so long. I have gone through two big boxes of Puffs tissues, used so much saline spray, blah, blah, blah. I know you're not interested in hearing about my cold. We all get them. It's a fact of life. Moving on...

keeping it real all up in here - death warmed over

silhouette puddle/eat your heart, out, ansel adams. no, actually, you are infinitely more awesome, mr. adams.

gorgeous winter evening sky

a modern lamppost scene in narnia

i love taking pictures of planes flying in/out of crystal airport

i nonchalantly snapped a shot of this nerd alert when his back was turned; he's the guy who delivers the local city paper that no one reads. :(

i felt kind of sad when i saw the abandoned park...we'll be back to visit when the snow's gone, mr. park!

our neighbors' cat came to call

she loves writing on the window when it steams up; i usually write her name, and this time she said, "stella johnson!"

stella got excited and started counting the "tophies" (our cat's name is topher, and she likes to call him  "toph" or "tophie." any other black-and-white cat is a topher, too!

buds

over the moon with excitement to see this little furry visitor

processing the kitty's visit after he left
When I got home, Brett had made a ridiculously good dinner of grass-fed beef burgers topped with avocados, tomatoes, and caramelized onions with a side of zucchini and summer squash.

Well, I have a date with some Afrin, peppermint tea, and a book. Have a wonderful evening.

Oh, and remember:

source

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if you have tried the nasal rinses, but wow do they do the trick for me.... once I get over the ew factor, and buck up and do them! Hope you are feeling better soon. Spring will be here in MN soon enough and then it will be the hot and humid dog days of summer :) Nice pictures, thanks for the reminder that exercise releases endorphins and endorphins = happy feelings Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "nerd alert" pic actually reminds me of my dad, who braves MN winter and rides his bike to work every day. He doesn't have that much stuff on his bike, but he does wear a backpack like that guy. It makes me smile. :) Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete